Sunday, August 14, 2011

Princess Just Wanna Have Fun!

Hey Everyone!
Anyone here has little sisters?
Well, I Have One, and I have to say that is not only really Fun, but was the inspiration for this work that I made some months ago...

In December of 2010, a magazine of kids and children  from Editora Abril, called Revista Recreio (http://recreionline.abril.com.br/), invited me to participate in the development of an illustration of one of the mini-games (a Game of 7 Errors) that the magazine will bring in February... and I accepted ;D

They gave me some freedom to create an image that was funny and childish. (And asked me to follow a style of design they have seen in my PortFolio...)
I thought a bit about what could be... and then came an idea inspired by a situation I ALWAYS saw - every night - when my stepfather tried to get my little sister to sleep (By the way, when she and her friends are together... Its an ENDLESS PARTY)
So I suggested a scene in which a King - in Desperation - tries to put his Seven Daughters to sleep, but hey ... Girls Just Want to Have Fun! ;D
And I send this sketch of my suggestion 
(Obs: the green areas, shows where would be the hidden 7 errors of the game) 
The magazine publishers really enjoyed. 
They made some extra suggestions, and based on them, I´ve made ​​some little modifications. Then, after final approval, I gave them this image. Ta-Daaaaaa

Had a great time doing with this work, and I Really want (and love) to do many more! I hope that this passage in the Revista Recreio has me open some doors for future works. 
Now here are some details that I really like this image:
The King, with his Expression of "HOLY CRAP!!"
The Little Mouse on the head of Cat... Huhuhu he looks like a Peanut Curious.
And last but not least, my little muse on this work: my Sister

Well, I know that I do not say to you this as much as I like, but:
I Love you very Much Olivia <:)

5 comments:

  1. Poha, ficou animal, Julio!!! \o/
    Vc fez as cores em que soft?
    Parabéns e abração!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opa Graciliano!
      Muito Obrigado!
      Eu fiz no Flash ;)

      Abração

      Delete